GST (Goods and Service Tax) as the name suggest would be levied on Supply of Goods and Services. Most Noteworthy, it would replace the present Indirect Tax system. Therefore the persons registered under the existing Tax regime under VAT, CST, Service Tax or Excise have to enroll themselves for GST registration.
The registration or enrollment process under GST is very easy. The person who needs to be registered have to provide certain information and upload certain documents on the GST portal. And after successful submission you have to Sign the form with DSC or E-signature. As a result the ARN is generated. In addition to the Information we have simplified the GST Migration process for you through some simple steps.
SIMPLE STEPS FOR GST MIGRATION:
PART 1 – Create New ID & Password on GST Portal
- First of all Obtain Provisional ID & Password from your existing VAT or CBEC Login portal.
- Use the Provisional ID & Password in New User Login option on GST Portal – www.gst.gov.in
- Enter your email id and Mobile number to receive OTP.
- Then enter the OTP received on your email & Mobile.
- Now Create new User ID & Password.
- Fill the Security Question & Answers.
PART 2 – Submission of Information & Documents
- Login with new user id & Password and fill all the required information. The information is to be filled in following sections:- Business, Promoter/ Partners, Authorized Signatory, Principal Place of Business, Additional Place of Business, Details of Goods & Services, Bank Account Information.
- Upload the required Documents as are asked in each section.
- Go to Verification section after Submission of Information and documents. And Upload your DSC ( Digital Signature Certificate) or E-Signature.
- Finally on Submitting the above Form 20 – ARN ( Application Reference Number) is generated.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GST MIGRATION:
If you have any question on this topic you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or You can visit the following Link for Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s) on GST – FAQ’s on GST.
The GST Migration window on GST Portal is started from 01st June, 2017 and will remain open till 15th June, 2017. So everyone who is registered under existing act have to complete the migration process till the aforesaid date.